The role of work and employment in the lives of employers and employees is indisputably one of the main pillars for growth in the economy and quality of life of a country. The understanding of law relating to employment is of great importance because it offers protections to both the employees and employers.
Our Firm addresses all kinds of employment and labour disputes. We offer a full range of legal services related to employment law issues, from negotiating, drafting and concluding contracts from either an employer’s or employee’s perspective, to employment termination and misconduct procedures.
We represent parties before the Industrial Disputes Tribunal and the District Courts of Cyprus, whether such parties are employers or dismissed employees, Europeans or non – Europeans.
Panagos & Panagos LLC’s lawyers help organisations overcome the differing legal and cultural barriers to running a business and navigate through new international standards and regional laws, such as the European employment law.
We build relationships that are based on collaboration and forming a close partnership with our clients. We offer a responsive, flexible service, speaking our clients’ language and reflecting their risk appetite and culture. The team’s in-house and industry experience gives us the customer focus and insider knowledge to ensure that the service we deliver is always fit for purpose.
Our services cover among others, the following areas:
- Guiding, negotiating, drafting and concluding contracts of employment.
- Advising on the rights of part-time or fixed term employees.
- Advising on employment law aspects of transfers of undertakings, including assisting employers in due diligence exercises and minimising the risk of consequent claims.
- Advising on all aspects of termination of employment from junior employees to senior executives, including assisting in negotiations for and the drafting of compromise agreements.
- Advice and representation in Employment Tribunal including claims for unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, constructive dismissal, discrimination in all its forms, unlawful deduction from wages, breach of contract, equal pay claims etc.